Inspired by Market by Jean Georges
Ingredients, serves 2
- butter, tablespoon
- 8 jumbo prawns
- 1 tomato, chopped
- red leaf lettuce, wash, dry, chop
- 2 avocados, pit & slice
- champagne dressing (see additional instructions)
- french baguette, half loaf
- balsamic vinegar & olive oil (for baguette dipping)
- medium frying pan
- magic bullet or food processor (for the dressing)
Add jumbo prawns, cook until pink.
Slice french baguette, serve with balsamic vinegar and olive oil.
Additional Instructions – Champagne Dressing
- 1 egg yolk
- dijon mustard, teaspoon
- champagne vinegar, 1/4 cup (or sub with white wine vinegar)
- corn oil, 2/3 cup
- salt & pepper
Place egg yolk, dijon mustard and vinegar in a magic bullet or food processor container (that has a steel blade). Season to taste with salt and pepper. Process for 1 minute. Add the corn oil in a slow, steady stream. Continue until oil is incorporated fully.
Dressing should have a tart taste. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Prawn Salad Complete!
This is my favorite salad dish of 2010. Please enjoy!